Eastlands is an ICON in the history of Nairobi and is generally the area to the southeast of Nairobi county. It can be considered a gold mine for investors and developers because of its mixed development nature; it encompasses the popular Industrial Area and amazing estates like Tena Estate, Nyayo Estate, Donholm, Umoja, Savannah, Buruburu, Fedha, Jacaranda, and Nasra. Additionally, the availability of land and demand for housing there has made it affordable for the middle and low-income population. Continue reading below to find reasons to consider Eastlands in your portfolio.
Eastlands is easily Accessible from Nairobi CBD:
Located just 12km from the Central Business District, properties in Eastlands have a higher value due to the proximity. This means that as an investor your properties would have a high return because of the high value. An investor will as well be able to be more involved in their development projects or properties located in Eastlands.
2. High returns to Eastlands Real Estate Properties
The high population in Eastlands creates a high demand for residential units meaning an investor’s apartment will have full occupancy. This would ensure that an investor will receive increased returns from residential real estate in their portfolios.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p9NhB1PXufU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe
3. Easier market penetration:
The high demand for affordable housing enables an investor to easily enter Eastland’s real estate market and continue to thrive long-term. This is because it has a high population therefore any new developments will experience full occupancy in a few weeks.
4. Great Infrastructure improvements that support Eastlands Real Estate Properties:
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority facilitated the construction of 38 road projects in Eastlands under the Nairobi Regeneration Plan. This construction and expansion of roads led to the increment of land prices by 1.4%. In spite of the high prices, the occupation is still high in areas like Langata and Donholm. This would provide a wonderful opportunity for investors whether they are looking to put up rental apartments or put up houses for sale.
5. Amazing Prospects and Develop of Eastlands Real Estate
The Nairobi Metropolitan Services is planning to demolish old County Government estates like Bahati, California, and Jericho and construct 62,000 affordable housing units. The NMS is looking for investors that might aid in making the plan a reality so this could be a good addition to your portfolio as an investor.
6. A very High return awaits those who invest in Eastlands’ Real Estate Property
It is a very lucrative area to partake in in terms of commercial real estate. Eastlands holds the Industrial area which has godowns and warehouses and a variety of malls like Shujaa Mall and Greenspan Mall in Donholm and The Point Mall in Buruburu; that serve its high population. Investing in Eastlands’ commercial real estate will ensure you get stable cash flows.
7. Get a Risk diversification by Investing in EASTLANDS Real Estate:
Eastlands Real Estate provides investor risk management in their portfolio. An investor has an option of investing in residential real estate and commerce so when one isn’t performing well they can recover that loss from the other.
8. Wide range of investment options:
An investor could invest in starting a restaurant or clothing store in Eastlands because of the high demand for such services in the area. Furthermore, Eastlands holds major industries like Coca-Cola Bottling Company and Basco Products Limited which an investor can consider adding to their portfolio.
10. Eastlands’ Real Estate is very affordable:
When it comes to houses, flats, or apartments of any size Eastlands provides very affordable units due to the high demand. The price ranges for buying or renting are:
Table 1: Affordability of Eastlands Real Estate
|For Sale||For Rent|
|1 Bedroom||Kshs. 3 million||Kshs. 9,000|
|2 Bedroom||Kshs. 7 million||Kshs. 18,000|
|3 Bedroom||Kshs. 14 million||Kshs. 40,000|
10 Eastlands has an Amazing History and Tapestry
Do you know the amazing history of Eastlands? Believe it or not, Eastlands is connected to Barrack Obama the 43rd President of the United State. The father and the Sister Lived in Eastlands Nairobi.
Well, Eastlands has been the core of Nairobi well before Nairobi became the bustling city.
Eastlands history is however dark and features marginalization and discrimination. The British colonialists segregated Nairobi into three classes of people: Whites, Arabs, and Africans.
The White Europeans were in the ruling class and were in charge of politics and state resources. Arabs were in the upper middle class controlling commerce in the city. Africans occupied the majority of the middle and the lower class as they were described as those who worked for the elite and the upper classes as well as the bulk of the voters.
Eastlands was designed for Workers that could walk to work. The Africans were only allowed to settle in the East of Uhuru Highway commonly referred to as Eastlands. The estates housing the blacks were limited to the Pumwani area which was characterized by drains, communal toilets, and washing blocks. The houses in Bahati, Kaloleni, and Jericho were deliberately made small to discourage the Africans from having relatives visit. Another interesting fact about the Estates meant for Africans was that settlements in areas like Muthurwa were built closer to the city so that the workers could walk to and from work.
Workers at City Hall were provided housing in Council estates like Ziwani where they could walk to work and also the cheap housing was a way of making sure there were no demands of salary increments. Interestingly, even after independence marginalization persists.
How to get to Eastlands by Bus?
It’s easy to commute to Eastlands and below are average connection times.
- From The Office Park, Parklands/Westlands 57 min
- From United Nations Recreation Centre, Parklands/Westlands 59 min
- From Guava, Parklands/Westlands 51 min
- From Ngara,Fig-tree, Central 50 min
- From Uchumi Langata Hyper, Kibera 77 min
- From Tamu Tamu Dishes, Parklands/Westlands 50 min
- From 1824 Whiskey Bar and Lounge, Kibera 59 min
- From Githurai 45, Thika 62 min
- From Balozi Estate, Makadara 72 min
- From Kenyatta Hospital Stage, Parklands/Westlands 53 min
As a Top Real estate Agent and Nearby Area Expert, I can help you Search, Find, Buy, Rent, Develop, or Market amazing real estate in Ngumo Estate
Feel free to Interact with me and below is a link to my profile
About Liberty Hills Agency
we are a Special real estate company that markets SPECIAL real estate properties both locally and globally to SPECIAL clients that include Kenyan Diaspora, Expatriates, Diplomats, and other high net worth clients.
- We can help you find, advertise, rent, buy, sell, finance, or develop amazing properties. We can help you use real estate to create generational wealth and work with wealthy Kenyans, executives, diaspora, and expatriates.
- Access our list of our agents and buy, rent, or sell a property in your area
Please feel free to refer any of your friends that may want to buy, rent, develop or finance a real estate property of any type including commercial or residential properties.
- We have Two (2) simple ways in which you can Buy a House, Home, Apartment, or Land in Kenya Want to buy a House, Apartment, or home? See the list of Our Residential Deals
- Do you want to rent office space? here are our Commercial Deals
- Want to buy a cheap plot? Please see our list of amazing Plots for Sale
- Traveling and looking for a holiday home or short-term accommodation? See our Furnished Apartments
- How Liberty Can Help you buy or sell land in Kenya
- About Us