Your privacy is important to Liberty Lifestyle Homes
This Privacy Agreement (“Agreement”) sets out the information practices for Mylibertyhome including what type of information is collected, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. This Agreement may be amended from time to time. (See “Further Information”, below, for an explanation of how we will advise you of any future changes.)
In this Privacy Agreement “we”, “our”, “us” and “Mylibertyhome”, “Liberty Lifestyle Homes” means Liberty Hills Agency and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, programs, or joint ventures they participate in, with respect to their operations enterprise-wide.
Mylibertyhome includes companies engaged in helping customers and the public Buy, Rent, Lease, Finance, Invest, Develop and Manage real estate properties in Kenya. We list and market homes and properties to the public; and services related to the above such as loyalty programs. “You” and “your” mean an individual who has made an application to us for, enrolled in, or signed an application in respect thereof, including any co-applicants, guarantors, personal representatives, or an individual who participates in a Mylibertyhome contest, survey, event or has otherwise provided personal information to us.
Collecting, using, and disclosing your information
When you apply for, or provide a guarantee in respect of, or use any Service and while you are our customer, or when you participate in any contest, survey, event, or otherwise provide us your personal information, you agree that we may collect your personal information from you and third-party sources. Examples of information collected may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, nature of your principal business or occupation, and date of birth, all of which may be required by law;
- Identification, such as a valid driver’s license or passport. We may also ask for documents such as a recent utility bill to verify your name and address;
- Your education, annual income, assets and liabilities, and credit history;
- Information about your transactions, including payment history, account activity and how you intend to use the account or Service and the source of any incoming funds or assets;
- Information we may need in order to provide you with a Service such as health information if you are applying for certain insurance products. In some instances, providing this information is optional;
- Information about third parties such as your spouse if you are applying for certain Services, where this information is required by law; and
- Information about beneficial owners, intermediaries, and other parties, which is required by law.
For legal entities such as businesses, partnerships, trusts, estates, clubs or other organizations, we may collect the information referred to above from each authorized person, signatory, partner, trustee, executor, and club member, as appropriate.
In addition, when you apply for, enroll in or use a Service, or participate in any contest, survey or event via a digital channel (such as online or mobile banking), we may collect information about your computer or device, operating system, internet connection or telephone account, settings, IP address, and device locational data, browser information, and transaction data, as well as personal information as described above. We may collect, use, disclose and retain this information for the purposes described below, as well as to determine which settings are appropriate for your computer system, to provide or enhance digital functionality and banking options, and for security purposes, internal analysis, and reporting. You may withhold consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of this information, although in some cases this may prevent you from using the digital channel to apply for or use a Service or to communicate with us, or may reduce the functionality of that channel.
Mylibertyhome or its service providers may also use various web tools including Cookies (please see our Cookies Policy), Web Beacons, and Tagging on our websites and advertisements to evaluate and improve our websites and other electronic offerings, tailor our services, enhance our customer experience and communicate with you regarding products and services that may be of interest.
- Tagging is a customized code on our websites that provide the ability to monitor user activity on Mylibertyhome websites. This software can be used to capture user activity to be used by us or a third party for analysis so that we can understand and enhance our user experience and provide further security controls.
- Web Beacons are small images embedded in our websites that, when combined with Cookies, help provide us with information about the use and effectiveness of our website.
We may collect your personal information, and use it, and disclose it to any person or organization, including any member of Mylibertyhome, for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity;
- To understand your needs;
- To determine the suitability of our Services for you;
- To determine your eligibility for our Services;
- To set up, manage and offer Services that meet your needs;
- To provide you with ongoing Service;
- To provide you with various options for applying for and accessing Services;
- To satisfy legal and regulatory requirements that we believe are applicable to us, including the requirements of any self-regulatory organizations to which we belong;
- To help us collect a debt or enforce an obligation owed to us by you;
- To respond to a local or foreign court order, search warrant or other demand or request which we believe to be valid, or to comply with the rules of production of a local or foreign court;
- To manage and assess our risks;
- To investigate and adjudicate insurance claims, other claims or complaints; and
- To prevent or detect fraud or criminal activity or to manage and settle any actual or potential loss in connection with fraud or criminal activity.
- When we collect your health information for the purpose of providing a Service, we will use that information strictly for that purpose. (See below for more information.) We do not provide directly all the services related to your relationship with us. We may use third-party service providers to process or handle personal information on our behalf and to assist us with various services such as printing, postal and electronic mail distribution and marketing (including by telephone and electronic means), and you acknowledge that we may release information about you to them. Some of our service providers are located outside of Kenya. In addition, we may use personal information in Mylibertyhome locations outside of Kenya. As a result, your personal information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of these jurisdictions. When personal information is provided to our service providers, we will require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with Mylibertyhome privacy policies and practices.
- We may collect, use and disclose your ID number, Social Insurance Number (SIN), as well as other information, for income tax reporting purposes and to fulfil other regulatory requirements, as required by law. In addition, we may ask you for your SIN to verify and report credit information to credit bureaus and credit reporting agencies as well as to confirm your identity. This allows us to keep your personal information separate from that of other customers, particularly those with similar names and helps maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information. You may refuse to consent to its use or disclosure for purposes other than as required by law.
- We may verify relevant information you give us with your employer or your references and you authorize any person whom we contact in this regard to provide such information to us. If you apply for or enroll in a Service and during the time you have the Service, we may consult various financial service industry databases, third parties, or private investigative bodies maintained in relation to the type of service you have applied for, enrolled in, or have. You also authorize us to release information about you to these databases and investigative bodies.
- You agree that we may monitor, record, and retain any telephone call or electronic communication we have with you. This is to establish a record of the information you provide, to ensure that your instructions are followed properly, and to ensure customer service levels are maintained. Records of calls and electronic communications are destroyed when they are no longer required for business or other purposes, and any personal information is safeguarded in accordance with this Agreement.
- Mylibertyhome may use video surveillance in and around our branches, bank machines, and other locations for the purpose of safeguarding our clients and employees and protecting against theft, fraud, and vandalism. Any video images recorded are destroyed when they are no longer required for business or other purposes, and any personal information is safeguarded in accordance with this Agreement.
- If you have a Service with us, we may use, disclose to and collect from credit bureaus or financial service industry databases, credit, and other information about you in order to offer you pre-approved credit products or margin facilities.
- We may give information (except health information) about you to other members of Mylibertyhome (where the law allows this) so that these companies may communicate with you directly about their products and services. This consent will also apply to any companies that form a part of Mylibertyhome in the future. You also agree that we may provide you with information about or from the third parties we select. Your consent to this is not a condition of doing business with us and you may withdraw it at any time (see below).
- We may ask you for contact information such as your telephone, mobile or fax number or email address, and keep and use this information as well as disclose it to other members of Mylibertyhome so that we or any of these companies may contact you directly through these channels for the purpose of marketing, including telemarketing. This consent will also apply to any companies that form a part of Mylibertyhome in the future. Your consent to this is not a condition of doing business with us and you may withdraw it at any time (see below).
- If we sell a company or a portion of the business or assets of a Mylibertyhome company, we may release the information we hold about you to the prospective purchaser. We will require any prospective purchaser to protect the information provided and to use it in a manner that is consistent with Mylibertyhome privacy policies and practices.
- We may keep and use information about you in our records for as long as it is needed for the purposes described in this Agreement, even if you cease to be a customer.
- You agree that all information that you give us will, at any time, be true and complete. If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, you are required to advise us so we can update our records.
Refusing or withdrawing your consent
Subject to legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of information about you, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use, or disclosure of your information at any time in the future by giving us reasonable notice. However, depending on the circumstances, withdrawal of your consent may prevent us from providing you, or continuing to provide you, with some Services, means of access to Services, or information that may be of value to you.
We will act on your instructions as quickly as possible but there may be certain uses of your information that we may not be able to stop immediately.
You cannot refuse our collection, use, and disclosure of information required by third-party service providers essential for the provision of the Services or required by our regulators, including self-regulatory organizations. Some of our service providers are located outside of Kenya. As a result, your personal information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the law of these jurisdictions.
You can tell us at any time to stop using information about you to promote our Services or the products and services of third parties we select, or to stop sharing your information with other members of Mylibertyhome. If you wish to refuse consent or to withdraw consent as outlined in this Agreement, you may do so at any time by contacting us online or any of our branch or office(s) with which you are dealing or by calling us on 0779830051
During the process or term of our service to you may not withdraw your consent to our ongoing collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information in connection with the loan or other credit arrangement you have with us or have guaranteed. We can continue to disclose your personal information to credit bureaus even after the loan or credit facility has been retired, and you may not withdraw your consent to our doing so. We do this to help maintain the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the credit reporting system.
You acknowledge that we may amend this Agreement from time to time to take into consideration changes in legislation, technology, or other issues that may arise. We will post the revised Agreement on our website and make it available at our branches or we may also send it to you by mail. We may also notify you of any changes to this Agreement in any of the following ways:
- A notice on the Mylibertyhome website; or
- A notice in your monthly statement.
Your continued use of your account or Service following such change means that you agree to and accept the new terms and conditions of the Agreement as amended. If you do not agree with any of the changes made or with the new terms of the Agreement, you must immediately stop using the account or Services and notify us that you are closing your account or terminating your Service with us.
If you have a general question about Mylibertyhome’s privacy policies, please contact your agent or call us at 0779830051.
Our Privacy Code and Cookies Policy are available to the public on www.mylibertyhome.com. The Privacy Code and Cookies Policy both form part of the Mylibertyhome Privacy